If you have a "man worth marrying" that you'd like to add to the list, please email me here. Just be sure to include the basics about him, plus his pros and cons so we know what we'd be getting into. (Photos are nice too.)

And if you want to add to any pros/cons list already posted, please email me here or write your additions in the comment section after the appropriate post.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Mr. Darcy

Basics:
Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy is a fictional character, the hero in Jane Austen's novel extraordinaire Pride and Prejudice. He woos and wins the heroine, Elizabeth Bennet, with his august moral character and lines like these: "By you I was properly humbled. I came to you without a doubt of my reception. You showed me how insufficient were all my pretensions to please a woman worthy of being pleased."

Pros*:
See romantic prose above
Wealthy
Well-connected
Fabulously handsome on the BBC
Dresses well
Rides horses
Plays hard-to-get

Cons:
Plays hard-to-get
Superiority complex
Not a suitable match (your parents would love him, but his wouldn't love you)
Given to believing gossip
Taken by our dear Miss Bennet

*Too many to list, people!

4 comments:

Meems said...

While it's hard for me to imagine that there ever was a REAL Mr. Darcy in any lifetime... I"m not so given to fancy... more to reality...

Love your pros and cons... would add to the pros... the gentleman can dance!
Love Mr. Darcy!

Unknown said...

Hey still at it I see!! Saw your comment on MJ's blog. I'll check out your 2 new blogs when I have some down time :)

Arissa Mae said...

Welcome, Meems! And Kozgirl! (Here's to hoping you have some down time soon!)

Yes, hard to imagine there could ever be a Mr. Darcy...but! SOMEONE had to inspire dear Miss Jane's creativity, which gives me an idea for a new man worth marrying! :o)

marmee said...

this man is definitely a fantasy(illusion) and jane had a great imagination. it is fun to dream but alas i too realize you have to live in the now. different times call for different men.