If you have a "man worth marrying" that you'd like to add to the list, please email me here. Just be sure to include the basics about him, plus his pros and cons so we know what we'd be getting into. (Photos are nice too.)

And if you want to add to any pros/cons list already posted, please email me here or write your additions in the comment section after the appropriate post.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Jim Craig

Basics:
Jim Craig, AKA The Man From Snowy River, is the hero of the film "The Man from Snowy River." This 1982 film made in Australia was based on the Banjo Paterson poem of the same name. Jim is orphaned (as a grown man) and forced to fight for his right to live on the land his father once owned. Jim battles the troublesome Brumby Mob, wild horses and ornery cattle, as well as the judgmental father and antagonizing would-be-suitor of the woman he loves.

Pros:
Dude can ride him some horses.
The way he says "Jess" will melt your heart.
Wears a super cool hat (doesn't he, NT?)
Can tame a horse without breaking his spirit...and does the same with women.
Hails from Snowy River, God's country for sure.
You won't have any in-laws to deal with.

Cons:
Is in love with a woman with the biggest jawbone I've ever seen.
Sometimes puts cattle driving ahead of his woman.
Is defiant to a fault.
Probably stinks from being in the wild for weeks.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this takes me back, way back! one of our favorite movies and saw it many times in the early 80's. then they did the sequel, Return to Snowy River. Not quite as good as the original, but a good follow-up. gorgeous scenery, amazing horses, not a typical western since it was filmed in Australia. wish i could remember the move a little better, but here goes:

pros: strong willed in a good way - honest, determined, fighter for the right causes - a real man's man, but sensitive too

cons: can't stay off a horse very long - a little rough around the edges - hot tempered - too baby faced.

marmee said...

in my younger days this would definitely be a man to consider marrying. i love his spirited ways and he isn't afraid of tough challenges. but at this point he has too much energy. i wouldn't be able to keep up.

Jane said...

I really thought I had the DVD around here, but I can't seem to find it. Alas...I will comment without a refresher...

First, I have a soft spot for all things Aussie. What can I say, having spent a summer there will do that to you.

Second, I've always been a sucker for the good 'ole boys...I can only assume that is a result of growing up in Texas.

Pros: The accent. Is willing to look past unfortunate physical issues, like big jaw bones. Knows what he wants and goes for it (at least I think so...did I mention I can't find my copy?)

Cons: I honestly can't think of anything that hasn't already been said.